Wednesday 30 March 2011

Grandma's treasures - part 2

I also decided I needed to "inherit" this lovely hand-held mirror. One side is actually slightly magnified, so that might come in quite handy for spotting those mistakes on your make-up you might not have seen with a regular mirror. So now, with this mirror, I will hopefully be able to see even better when I try to apply my eyeliner evenly to each eye..! A tricky thing I have yet to be able to do, on myself at least..!

Fancy double-sided mirror 




And these two adorable little scarf clips will definitely fancy up your scarves..! They work pretty much like clip-on earrings. Instead of tying your scarf, you slide the ends into the little hoop on the back and snap it shut. And voilà - you have a fancy little brooch on your scarf to pretty yourself up even more. Quite a smart invention that I have not seen in forever... well, except maybe on some little old ladies. And now, soon, also on me!
Close up of the fastening mechanism 








Two cute scarf clips

























This gorgeous beaded purse just spoke to me, begging me to take it home. So naturally, being the nice person that I am, I did! It is actually hand made, so someone sewed all those beads on by hand. Some of them have fallen off in the back, but my grandma has repaired it as best she could. The little hook handle has also fallen off at one time it seems, but it has been sewn back on again. I can just picture this gorgeous little thing paired with a lovely 50's style dress, and the perfect pin-up hair and make up. Can you not see it?


Gorgeous hand made beaded purse

No comments:

Post a Comment