Wednesday 30 March 2011

Grandma's treasures - part 1

So, we've recently moved my grandma into a nursing home (she's had a stroke and can no longer live on her own), and as we were going through her apartment to pack down her stuff that she couldn't bring with her I found a few vintage treasures! Not only did I get to take over her nice white china with the gold stripe around the edges and five gorgeous crystal liqueur glasses (will get pics of these when I unpack them again), but I also found some really cool stuff. Such as this lovely pink umbrella that is sure to brighten up any rainy day!

Pretty in pink on a rainy day..!



I also found some old glasses, and I have a love for all things 50's (late 40's to mid 60's), so naturally these glasses I had to have. Apparently, they once belonged to my great-grandmother's friend Albert. I'm seriously thinking I should have the prescription lenses replaced so I can wear them. Albert clearly had horrible vision, I cannot see a thing with these puppies on! Everything is super blurry, so his prescription lenses were no doubt way stronger than what I wear. I'm a "measly" +0,75.
The 70's style sunglasses (brand Polaroid, it says so on the inside) are also a lovely vintage treasure, and I can actually remember my grandma wearing these. I was born in '83, and my grandma wore these for a long time after the seventies were over, so she no doubt loved them!

Truly vintage frames!


Fabulous sunglasses
































The black pouch is also lovely perfect for storing Albert's fancy glasses! Even if there is a little piece of it missing from the back, it looks virtually flawless on the front, no?

Pretty pouch for your vintage glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment