Sunday 21 November 2010

Not so chic, or...?

What started out as a sore throat has now decided to turn into an almost full-blown cold. We're talking runny and stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing and more Kleenex's than you can shake a stick at. And no matter how hard I try, I just cannot seem to disguise my red nose - I'm totally rocking the Rudolph-look, and it's not even December - or the way my eyes seem kinda glassy with the slightest look of "pity me" in them.

Alors, la question du jour est ceci - how do you rock any kind of chic with a reindeer nose, glassy eyes and a voice that sounds ever so slightly like Kathleen Turner?

Okay, the voice part can be kinda sexy, I'll admit to that, so I guess the voice isn't really non-chic. In fact, the voice is definitely chic; that kind of slightly hoarse, low-pitched and soft whisper-like come hither bedroom voice. I can rock the heck outta that.
I'm guessing the problem is the Rudolph the Reindeer nose and the kinda glassy eyes. And yes, thank you, I already did the make-up thing. That worked just fine with the nose, until I sneezed and needed another Kleenex. Wiped away the concealer and powder along with the yucky stuff. Okay, TMI, I know!
The eyes can be fixed I guess with some mascara and possibly a little white liner around the lash-line to make them seem more open, but the watering part might make non-waterproof stuff slightly tricky. And since it's not sunny, sunglasses might not be the way to go. My regular glasses however can draw some attention away from the glassy eyes and instead focus on the nice frames. At least, I like to tell myself that's the case!
When it comes to clothes and keeping warm, that's easy now that it's pretty much late November and it's been snowing here and the temperatures are definitely keeping below zero. A sweater dress and tights with warm (and fuzzy, should you so choose) boots, paired with cute hats, scarves and gloves are easy to rock. So all in all - maybe I actually can rock a chic look even with a cold? As long as the makeup stays put, and I manage to control the violent sneezing..!

On a slightly different note, yet totally still on the same subject - anyone got any good cold remedies?! Seriously, kids, I'm in need of some good old family recipe concoctions that will help stop the runny nose and the never-ending sneezing..! Any and all tips/remedies/grandma's brew of herbs and brandy recipes are very welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment